Diet & Exercise: Don't Give Up




Hi, I hope that you are having a great day!

    I am here to talk about Diet, Exercise and what they mean to me. I feel that food and staying active are a vital part of being healthy inside and out. To be healthy is not only about the physical, but includes mental, spiritual, and emotions [and much more]. In this blog I will focus on the Physical part of leading a healthy life. I have been struggling with losing weight for the past 10 years. I have lost a considerable amount of weight in my late twenties and early thirties. I was able to do this by extensive exercise and dieting. I had a personal trainer for many months and was able to learn a lot about how to lose and keep weight off. I also learned exercise strategies and how to cook healthy food and make healthy food choices.


    I thank God for people that share their weight loss journey with before and after pictures. They inspire so many people to make a change and to become healthy. Health is not just about losing and keeping the weight off, but it is about feeling good in your body and mind. All body sizes can be healthy or unhealthy. A healthy body is personal because it is different for everybody. Some people desire to gain weight and body mass. Some people desire to lose weight and tone. Many people have certain target areas on their body that they want to work on. Many people want to get rid of migraines and headaches, joint pain, asthma and the list goes on. So health is not just about losing weight but it encompasses a lot of components.


    My goal weight is 170lbs and I am 5’10’’. According to the doctors I should weigh about 160lbs. I will not disclose my weight, but lets just say that I am not really that close to weighing 160lbs. Lately I have been trying to shed 10lbs consistently monthly, but it is a struggle. Once a week I weigh in, and write the date and amount I weigh on a piece of paper that I post on my wall. I  monitor my amount gained and lost. My weekly diet includes chicken breast, ground beef, diet soda, rice, water, spaghetti, tea or coffee, a dessert and veggies. I eat many more foods such as beans, nuts, canned meats and fruits. Every now and then I have cake, ice cream, Chinese food, pizza or Subway. I do not really eat much. My portion sizes are moderate and I try not to eat too much before sleeping. I walk just about everyday because I do not drive, this helps me to keep my body in motion. I don't go to the gym or exercise at home much, which is something that I want to change. As you can see, my regime is considerably healthy, but why am I not losing weight?


    As many of us, we know the answer to our own problems, we just need confirmation and a revelation to make our answers a reality and to put them in motion. I can say honestly that I need to Move my body much more. I have to be in motion. What we eat is about 70% of losing weight and the 30% is exercise. Exercise is not a big percentage but it is still apart of the equation. I need to Exercise. Walking daily is great, but I have to step it up a notch and target exercise daily. When I say target exercise I mean working on a specific area of my body daily. Choosing one or two to target for the day. As you can see, I just got creative with an idea to lose weight for myself. Proving that we All can come up with different ways to lose weight or get healthy because we all have been exposed to some type of healthy living information. 


    My hopes are to get personal training again, and I will. Also, I need to buy a treadmill or some exercise equipment for my home. This way I will have quick access to workout. I am going to stop here :-) I hope that this little portion of my story inspires someone to want to get a healthy mind, body and soul. I want health and a well balanced life. The only way to achieve this is to work at it. If you do not work at something that you are trying to achieve, more than likely it will not work out, or it won't be effective like it could be. 


    Don't give up on achieving a healthy lifestyle. It is possible and so worth it. It makes life so much better when you feel&look great, and are at your best! Blessings&Honor to you all for reading this. I hope this is not the last of your thoughts about Health and Wealth. Because your Wealth is in your Healthy life! Love You have a great Week.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Colors & My New Book Coming Soon

Great Is Thy Faithfulness Oh God Our Father

The Power In Prayer, Power In His Mighty Name